Hey Cyber Homies! How is summer treating you? Hopefully it’s productive, safe and FUN! What are you all doing this summer? I, for one, plan to do a LOT of reading! I’m not quite sure how I’ll work all the time in to read 10 books over the next month while promoting my own book The Rolexxx Club – Anniversary Edition, but I’m going to find a way. I have to, because as Stephen King says, if you don’t have time to read you don’t have time to write!
Truthfully, reading someone else’s work is one of the best parts of being an author and publisher. It’s good to take a break from my own imagination and step into someone else’s. Plus, reading is what led me to write. Hopefully these gems will inspire me for months to come!
Here’s my list for the rest of June and July.
- Things Fall Apart – Chinua Achebe (re-read)
- No Longer At Ease – Chinua Achebe
- Cloud Atlas – David Mitchell
- American Gods – Neil Gaiman
- Pricey – Fabiola Joseph
- Coldhearted and Crazy – Michele Moore
- Ruthless and Rotten – Michele Moore
- No Home Training – Michele Moore
- The Cartel – Ashley & Jaquavis
- The Compound Effect – Darren Hardy
Got a good book recommendation for me? Sound off in the comments section below.